macOS KeyboardIdeal for any Mac user who types a lot of Arabic Transliterated material. A simple drag-n-drop, and type like a pro anywhere you go. Intructions below.
Installation Instructions:View step-by-step screenshots here. This is for an older (but still valid) series of steps.
- Download "U.S.AR-Tr.keylayout" from here.
- At the Desktop, press Shift + Command + C.
- Copy and Paste "U.S.AR-Tr.keylayout" into: Mac OS X/Library/Keyboard Layouts.
- Logout / Restart
- Go to Settings > Keyboard > Input Sources > "+" (bottom left) > Find "U.S.AR-Tr" (it will be under "Others") > Add
- You will see a U.S. Flag in your status bar (next to clock and battery %), click that, and select "U.S.AR-Tr".
- This keyboard does not work in Microsoft PowerPoint for Mac.
iOS KeyboardFor iPhone users who types a lot of Arabic Transliterated material. Just install the app, and switch between keyboards to type. Coming Soon!
We love to hear what you have to say, and ways we can improve. Please fill out this survey.
How To — macOS:
|Alt +||a | i | u||ā | ī | ū|
|Alt +||d | h | s | t | z||ḍ | ḥ | ṣ | ṭ | ẓ|
|Alt+Shift +||A | U | I||Ā | Ī | Ū|
|Alt+Shift +||D | H | S | T | Z||Ḍ | Ḥ | Ṣ | Ṭ | Ẓ|